Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What's a Pirate's Favorite Letter?

 Pirate Day at St. Mary's focused on the run, gallop, and hop.

The day was a lot of fun. The kids really seemed to enjoy the games. The game I played was called Islands. Basically, I had a bunch of hula hoops spread out from each other and when the music stopped, they all had to find a hula hoop in five seconds. There could be multiple kids in a hula hoop as long as they all fit nicely and didn't push each other. After each round, I took away the hula hoop. I didn't want any of them to be eliminated so when there were only a couple hula hoops left and all the kids still fit, I declared them all winners.

If I were to do this game again, I would come up with variations for each round to keep it interesting and maybe come up with a way to keep the kids involved and participating in the game even if they get eliminated.

 In this first picture, I am explaining the game to them








 I am counting down from 5 to let the kids know their time is almost up. Get to a hula hoop fast!







 Holly is giving me feedback during the game, which was really helpful!

















Here, I am playing with one of the kids at the end of the day. She wanted me to spin around in a circle with her!

No comments:

Post a Comment